An introduction to the core range of transmission and distribution cork, rubber and anti-vibration materials.
As well as T&D requirements, our manufacturing techniques enable us to supply a wide range of industries, from a large portfolio of materials.
Our production facilities are equipped to meet all requirements from moulding, cutting and slitting, to bespoke packaging, kit and prototype production. Supply procedures are developed to meet each customer's individual needs and systems.
In partnership with Amorim Cork Composites, the world's leading manufacturer of industrial cork products, Whitby and Chandler Limited has established itself as a major supplier of gaskets, seals and rubber mouldings. In 2007, this was formalised when WCL was appointed Amorim's Official T & D Distributor for Europe and South America.
The core range of transmission and distribution corkrubber materials comprises of:
- TD1120 The market leader for transformer oils including Midel 7131, Rhodosil, Diala D, etc.
Tested by M&I Materials, manufacturer of MIDEL 7131, and confirmed to be compatible
- TD1049 For most transformer oils at application temperatures
- TD7000 Silicone corkrubber for extreme temperatures
- TD7110 Developed specifically for vapour phase drying processes
- TD3510 EPDM corkrubber for SF6 gas
- TD1310 Newly developed "arctic grade" with a special nitrile binder for low temperature use
WCL complements these materials with its gasket cutting and rubber moulding facilities, offering rubber products in the full range of polymers, such as nitrile, neoprene, EPDM, silicone, fluorosilicone and Viton(*), to name but a few.
Anti-vibration materials are commonly used in T&D and Whitby & Chandler has much to offer with its ISO-TRANSFO and VC6400 for external use, and CDM63 and VC2100 for internal, oil-contact applications.
Service and technical backup provides full design and specification support.
* Dupont Trademark
Gaskets, Seals and Rubber Mouldings